How to convert your FOREIGN PILOT LICENCE in Australia | Info Series

544 عدد المشاهدات

Converting Overseas Licences (CASA) -
Aviation Reference Number (ARN) -
Form 61-4COV -
Form 61-4A -
Form 61-4B -
Application for licence verification form -
Form 760 -

If you want to support this channel, you can buy me a coffee. Thank you :)

----------YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME ON----------
➢ Online Courses:
➢ Instagram:
➢ Facebook:
➢ Podcast episodes on Spotify:
➢ Podcast episodes on Apple Podcasts:

----------A little bit about me----------
My name is Jane. I am a flying instructor, charter pilot and skydiving jump pilot in Australia. I first came to Australia in 2012 to do the bachelor degree in Aviation at UNSW. Then I became a flying instructor after graduation and I have been teaching even since 2016. Later, I also involve in charter and skydiving operations.

----------Recording Equipment----------
⚡ Canon EOS 200D
⚡ Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 for Canon mount
⚡ Rode Procaster Dynamic Microphone
⚡ Behringer UMC22 Audio Interface
⚡ Neewer 480 LED Panel
⚡ Neewer 480 LED Panel Softbox

0:00 Intro
1:15 Certificate of Validation
3:49 Permanent Conversion
6:15 Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition Act

Music: The Process by Lakey Inspired

  • 3 ways to get a pilot licence - Differences: Flying school vs Flying college vs University - How to choose the best flying school - Things you need before flight training - Common Questions - Pilot licences and flight training costs - RPL flight training info - PPL flight training info - RPL vs RPC - How much does pilots get paid - Learn flying as international student - Convert your foreign pilot licence - Work visas for pilots -

    studybeforeflightstudybeforeflight3 أشهر قبل
  • Hi I m an ex military helicopter pilot and I don't have any commercial licence If I move to Australia, can I apply directly for CASA license?

    sherrry100sherrry100أشهر قبل
    • @studybeforeflight Thank you

      sherrry100sherrry100أشهر قبل
    • Hi, unfortunately I am not familiar with military licence, I would suggest you try to convert to commercial licence in your country first, then convert to an Australian CPL when you move here.

      studybeforeflightstudybeforeflightأشهر قبل
  • 👍👏✌🙏😀

    Bonnie LaiBonnie Lai2 أشهر قبل
  • Hi~ Jane. I wonder if there is a flight school that offers conversion course for those who got their CPL from overseas. Since the process is quite complicated and includes theory exam as well.

    tris Kimtris Kim2 أشهر قبل
    • @studybeforeflight that's great 👍 thanks Jane~~~ I hope we fly together in the same sky someday : )

      tris Kimtris Kim2 أشهر قبل
    • Hey there, most of flight schools who have in-house flight examiners, should be able to do conversion. I am sure Fly Oz at Cowra, NSW can definitely do that. They can even provide accommodation.

      studybeforeflightstudybeforeflight2 أشهر قبل
  • 👍👏💪🙏🤗

    K.C. LaiK.C. Lai2 أشهر قبل
  • Can you convert an ICAO ATP to a Aussie one… if you don’t plan on living in Oz? Like how I can convert my Canadian ATP to an EASA license through the Irish Authority, with no intention moving to the EU.

    HeliRyHeliRy3 أشهر قبل
    • @studybeforeflight Ah bugger. Oh well, thanks for the reply 👍

      HeliRyHeliRy3 أشهر قبل
    • I don’t think so. According to CASA, the exams or tests required to convert the licence must be completed only in Australia with someone approved by CASA.

      studybeforeflightstudybeforeflight3 أشهر قبل
  • Let me know , are you on the way to get your citizenship in ausi? I want to get a citizenship and work in ausi as a pilot because a pilot salary in our country is around $500 to $1000 per month. It is really less if we compare with ausi. Is it easy to get a job after covert lisicens? Thank you.

    Har BeHar Be4 أشهر قبل
    • I am on my way to Permanent residency, but not as a pilot. It is extremely hard to get work visa and being a PR as a pilot in Australia. A lot of people have other occupations to get a work visa or PR to come to Australia, I am an accountant myself.

      studybeforeflightstudybeforeflight4 أشهر قبل
  • Jane, I am Brazilian and I live in Brazil. Here I am an aviation student, bachelor. I'm about to graduate but I still don't have any practical classes. I was thinking about doing the PPL here in Brazil and going to Australia to get the CPL there and work there. In this case I would only revalidate the PPL for the Australian. I don't have English. I will go to study from scratch and also take my ICAO. Do you think it's a good idea?

    Yan GadiaYan Gadia4 أشهر قبل
    • You will need to convert your Brazilian PPL to an Australian PPL. You may need to retake some theory exam, do some flight training and a flight test, and also the english test, but not necessary restart from the beginning. It is up to you, you can do all flight training in Australia to save you the hassle of converting licences, or you can do Brazilian PPL, convert it and do CPL in Australia. Just different journey, different experience.

      studybeforeflightstudybeforeflight4 أشهر قبل
  • Hi Jane, thanks for the useful videos you share here. I have a question. Diploma in aviation -CPL Diploma in aviation (Combined Package) - CPL and instrument rating I have a fair idea of what is CPL. I would like to know if you could share some insight on combining instrument rating with CPL. Thanks in advance.

    WhatTheFood(WTF) -by Sai KWhatTheFood(WTF) -by Sai K5 أشهر قبل
    • @studybeforeflight thanks for your reply Jane. Your videos are really informative. I was looking for some channel that is specific to Australian aviation (college, job, fee etc). Yours is definitely the one I found to give better clarity to me. Thanks for your good work.

      WhatTheFood(WTF) -by Sai KWhatTheFood(WTF) -by Sai K5 أشهر قبل
    • CPL and instrument rating are two separate qualification, a lot of flying school these day choose to combine them for the whole course. For Australia, common practice for most twin engine charter flying is under IFR, so pilots will need instrument rating to move on from single engine aircraft. Quite a lot of pilots also choose to do the CPL first, then get a pilot job to save money to get IFR when the time comes with aircraft upgrade promotion.

      studybeforeflightstudybeforeflight5 أشهر قبل
  • Amazingly explained , can you please also give information about the study material for conversion of cpl and atpl where to study and how to do preparation. Thank you in advance

    sahil pasrichasahil pasricha5 أشهر قبل
    • @studybeforeflight I am having experience from my previous airline on b737 around 1300 hrs n 1600hrs in total as of now I am now in any flying school would be great if you can make a video on the study material as well and give some more information about the study materials thank you in advance

      sahil pasrichasahil pasricha5 أشهر قبل
    • It is best to contact the flying school you will be doing your conversion, they can assist you better.

      studybeforeflightstudybeforeflight5 أشهر قبل
  • Mam can u tell if I pursued my CPL training in Australia can I get PR or work permit

    Karthik KKarthik K5 أشهر قبل
    • There is possibility but no guarantee. It is best to consult with an immigrant agent. I am just a pilot and flying instructor who makes aviation related content.

      studybeforeflightstudybeforeflight5 أشهر قبل
  • can a commerce student can study ppl?

    Steven BabySteven Baby5 أشهر قبل
    • yes, anyone can learn to fly a plane, it doesn't have any prerequisite for most flying school to get private pilot licence. However, if you intended to go to an university or air force, there might be prerequisite, like math and physics in high school.

      studybeforeflightstudybeforeflight5 أشهر قبل
  • Wow this was really helpful thank you ❤️

    sophiasophia5 أشهر قبل
    • You're so welcome!

      studybeforeflightstudybeforeflight5 أشهر قبل
  • Jane, thanks for the video, it was helpful

    Ariel GimenezAriel Gimenez5 أشهر قبل
    • You’re welcome 😊

      studybeforeflightstudybeforeflight5 أشهر قبل
  • Jane, what is the difference between ASIC and AVID?

    Ariel GimenezAriel Gimenez5 أشهر قبل
    • ASIC allows you to fly into any airport including security controlled airports, but AVID don't. Reference -

      studybeforeflightstudybeforeflight5 أشهر قبل
  • What a nice and practical info!! Thanks for your hard work~~

    tris Kimtris Kim5 أشهر قبل
    • Glad it was helpful 😀😀

      studybeforeflightstudybeforeflight5 أشهر قبل
  • Thanks for information👍!

    Sarah LAISarah LAI5 أشهر قبل
  • 飛行達人✈️👍